Our site in Horsham, West Sussex boasts a recently refurbished full toolroom with experienced engineers to manufacture bespoke tooling solutions. We deliver a comprehensive tooling service – from routine maintenance of existing mould tools through to the construction of complex production mould tooling.
For more information on our range of tooling solutions call us now on 01403 264397.
Why come to Pentagon Plastics for your mould tooling:
- UK manufactured tooling
- Tooling and production on one site
- Modern and fully equipped toolroom facility
- Experienced and apprentice served toolmakers
- Production tools designed to meet component requirements
- Tools serviced between production runs
- Secure storage of mould tooling
Our range of tooling options include:
- Development tooling solutions
- Basic straight open and shut tools
- Complex side action movements
- Hot and cold feed systems
- Complex single of multi-cavity tooling solutions
- Modification and refurbishment of mould tools
- Experience to accept customer existing tooling
Take a walk through our toolroom…
Our refurbished mould tool facility offers a range of machines, including CNC machine centres, conventional Mills and Lathes, Spark Eroders and Surface Grinders. There is also a dedicated build area for the assembly of the final tooling. Our tools are constructed utilising a combination of bought in die set items and engineered materials to produce the finished mould tool.
The toolmakers work from fully detailed drawings to manufacture the mould tooling to a high specification that will deliver the production volumes required. Supported by our Solidworks, Mastercam and 2D drafting packages, the team manufacture mould tool solutions from high quality materials sourced in northern Europe.
Tooling elements we will consider include:
- Determine the material to be used for the mould tool – from soft alloy, pre-toughened or fully hardened tool steels
- Number of cavities to meet production volume
- Draft angles to facilitate surface finish of component
- Gate position to optimise the fill process
- Ejection system to allow extraction from the mould tool
- Type of feed system
- Aesthetically acceptable
Pentagon Plastics and Mould Tool Manufacture
Toolmaking has always been at the heart of our business and is seen as an essential element to support the injection moulding services. Our many years of experience enable us to advise our customers on the most suitable tooling option for the intended application of a component. The mould tool selection is a crucial phase of any plastic injection moulding project – the configuration, material and design can determine the overall success of a product in relation to both cost and functionality.
Whether at the development or production stage of a project, giving early consideration to the type of mould tool that will be required can influence the overall success of a project. We welcome the opportunity to assist at an early stage, working closely with you to establish the right fit for your requirements.