Our UK tooling division supports a network of moulders that require mould tooling for new production parts or wish to take advantage of our servicing, repair or modification services. The tools can be designed and manufactured to customer specification or to our own tool design as required.
Our team of tool technicians are experts in their field from development or simple open and shut cold fed tooling through to the most complex multi-cavity, fast cycling, unscrewing, in-mould closing hot runner tools.
We serve a wide cross section of moulders across many industries who all have their own specific tooling requirements.
• Development tooling
• Cold fed simple or complex tooling
• Single tip or multi-cavity hot runner moulds
• Simple open & shut mould tools
• Complex moulds with additional movements
• High cavity, fast cycling tools
• Caps & Closures, Cable Management, Automation, Transmissions, Medical and many others
• Engineering support & on-site tool design
• Tool configuration review by skilled moulding Technician
• Advice on the optimum tooling
• Solidworks, VISI, Alphacam, Mastercam & 2D drafting
• Experienced tool technicians
• CNC machining centres and erosion
• Dedicated tool assembly area
• Lifting capacity up to 1.8 tonnes
• Support for the life of the tool
• Tool trialling up to 280 tonne press
Supported by the engineering and moulding process team our tool technicians work from our own, or customer supplied, fully detailed drawings to manufacture the mould tooling to a high specification that will meet your production demands.
The tool material and surface hardness is selected based on the thermoplastic being processed, the complexity of tool shut off faces and the life expectancy of the product. We source all our alloys, pre-toughened, stainless and tool steels from the UK and northern Europe.